“Hatha yoga is the science of using the body to prepare oneself for the ultimate possibility.”
Isha Hatha Yoga programs are an unparalleled opportunity to learn practices derived from a yogic tradition maintained in its full purity and vibrancy for thousands of years. The classes will be conducted by highly trained teachers and will offer classical Hatha Yoga in its full depth and dimension.
They are not taught merely for physical fitness and strength. They are a holistic process of naturally achieving a certain mastery over the body and mind, so as to come to a state of health, joy, and bliss. They are ideal for the hectic pace of today’s world.
Hatha Yoga is currently taught in 5 different classes: Upa Yoga, Angamardana, Surya Kriya, Yogasanas and Bhuta Shuddhi. These practices have been selected and designed by Sadhguru to develop mental clarity and focus, boost vigor and vitality, balance hormonal levels and take years off the body, bringing a sense of lightness and freedom.
A simple yet powerful set of 10 practices that activate the joints, muscles and energy system, bringing ease to the whole system. It is a good starting point for those who are new to yoga, and it can be used as a preparation for other yoga practices. Based on a sophisticated understanding of the body’s mechanics, its benefits include:
- Relieving physical stress and tiredness
- Exercising the joints and muscles
- Rejuvenating the body after period of inactivity
- Negating the effect of jet lag and long travel
Surya Kriya is a potent 21-step yogic practice of tremendous antiquity, designed as a holistic process for health, wellness and complete inner wellbeing. Surya Kriya is a complete spiritual process by itself. It enriches one’s life in many ways:
- Develops mental clarity and focus
- Remedies weak constitutions
- Boosts vigor and vitality
- Prepares one for deeper states of meditation
A series of 31 dynamic processes, rooted in yoga, to invigorate the body and reach peak physical fitness. “Angamardana” means gaining complete mastery over the limbs, organs, and other parts of the body. It needs no fitness equipment.
Angamardana revitalizes the body in many ways:
- Strengthens the spine, skeletal and muscular systems
- Builds physical strength and fitness
- Invigorates the body, bringing a sense of lightness and freedom
- Prepares the body for Hatha Yoga
Hatha Yoga is offered as a set of 36 powerful postures, or yogasanas, to enable the system to sustain higher dimensions of energy. This profound science enhances how one thinks, feels, and experiences life. Isha’s program requires no special physical agility or previous experience of yoga. It is not merely physical exercise, but enables a person to flower into his ultimate potential; to naturally achieve a state of health, joy, and bliss.
Bhuta Shuddhi means “purification of the elements,” and is a process of cleansing the 5 elements within the human system (i.e. earth, water, fire, air and space).
Isha provides a unique opportunity for everyone to benefit from this science, which otherwise requires intense spiritual practice. It:
- Keeps the system in harmony and balance
- Prepares the system to handle powerful states of energy
- Creates the basis to gain mastery over the human system
“The experience of the yoga here is very different. It’s something that you are feeling – electricity is happening. It’s not just the posture, right foot here, left foot there. Experientially something very different is happening. It’s like the seed is put inside of you and it’s turned into wild fire. But it’s not really something you can touch with words. There is a beautiful complexity to what’s happening to me.”
“The symptoms of lupus, an auto-immune disease that results in severe joint inflammations and extreme tiredness, which have tormented me for 10 years, disappeared as if by magic, telling me that there was much more to yield from this program.”
31 July to 25 Dec, 2015
This unique program brings forth the original purpose of yoga: to help one experience the fundamental nature of the existence. Participants will:
- Focus upon establishing these powerful practices in their own experience and then engage in rigorous training which empowers them to teach others.
- Explore and learn different aspects of yoga beyond asanas (postures) including Kriyas, Pranayams, Bandhas, Mantra Yoga, Nada Yoga, Bhakti Sadhana and Bhuta Shuddhi
- Delve into subjects which will help to understand the human body in both structure and function, including anatomy and physiology, the pranic system, the science of Siddha medicine, yogic principles, lifestyle, and diet.
- Be able to offer over 48 different teaching modules, designed for different settings and different audiences, based on the participants’ aspirations and health/life situations.